Tuesday, June 30, 2015

CORNWALL REVISITED

Two weeks later I had to  return to Cornwall so grabbed the opportunity to  paint when I could.
I did two studies of the  harbour at Portscatho near Falmouth.  It was a wonderful breezy day with  sharp clear light. The sea in  so many blues and full of energy in the sunlight.



The second speedy oil-sketch above, attempt to  catch something of the scene


... and below a view from my friend's veranda on the estuary of the River Fowey, looking across towards a china clay loading factory where huge ships arrive to take the clay. There  is a ship docked there,  the green prow can just be seen on the RH side past the trees, and dull red above the waterline. The tide was out but also my supply of white paint so I could't render the foreground as well as I'd have liked.



No comments:

Post a Comment